Whether a novice or seasoned deer hunter, spending a significant amount of money to buy all the latest and most innovative deer https://ammoshopinc.com/product/hornady-american-whitetail-30-06-springfield-150-grain-interlock-sp-500-rounds/ hunting gear on the market is certainly not necessary to enjoy the sport. Unfortunately, some people believe that deer hunting is expensive but in truth, it is not. The key is to understand the type of gear needed most and then initially purchasing quality items which will be durable and so you are comfortable and protected.
You also want to understand that the type of deer hunting gear chosen would vary from one state to another. Obviously, if you plan to hunt in regions high in the mountains where the air is thin and cold, then you would need a specific type of gear to protect you for the elements whereas hunting on plains in the Midwestern region of the country may not require as heavy-duty deer hunting gear. Do a little bit of research ahead of time and save yourself some unexpected and unnecessary expenses later. A quick surfing of the internet, visit to a local hunting supply store or pro shop will often yield all the information you could need.
The following are the five “must-have” pieces of deer hunting gear, which could be added onto at any time.
• Weapon – No matter if you plant to hunt with a bow, rifle, shotgun or muzzleloader, it is essential that you choose the weapon which best suits the conditions of the hunt and you, the hunter. Additionally, the right weapon should be easy to carry and most importantly, safe! The goal is to use a delivery system that is accurate and fast, but also something designed for hunting at a distance.
• Clothing – One of the most common mistakes seen when people start buying deer hunting gear is skimping on quality of clothing. Deer have keen senses, so you definitely need something camouflaged from head to toe. For this, you want clothing that would easily blend in with the environment so choose the color accordingly. There are many vendors out there, but two of my favorites are Real Tree & Mossy Oak. Be sure that the clothing is durable enough to survive the terrain you will be hunting as well as protect you from the elements you will face; oh and lets not forget they have to be comfortable.
• Scent Masks – Another item you want to include in your deer hunting gear is a product that would mast scents that deer might otherwise detect. Therefore, you want to choose a spray scent masker to hide body odors. Again, there are many top products on the market today. My favorite is Dead Down Wind. Also, for the best results, you should use an entire scent control system. Launder your hunting clothes in the proper scent masking detergent, shower before the hunt with scent masking body wash and lastly, spray off with field spray before you head out. Remember it is best never to chew gum, chew on candy, smoke, use perfume, cologne, lotion, etc. these will only ensure you won’t see any deer!
• Backpack – When in the field hunting, you will be carrying a variety of items such as the scent masker, ammunition, flashlight, compass, first-aid kit, binoculars, camera and batteries, rain gear, map, small thermal blanket, hunting knife, lip balm, bottled water, animal calls and so on so a full-sized external frame backpack would keep everything organized and within reach.
• Map – The last thing you definitely want as a part of your deer hunting gear is a map, along with scouting information. While this should be a must whenever you hunt, it is imperative when hunting in a different state or area which you are not familiar with. With this, you would have the ability to track where you have already been, areas that offer good potential. All of this deer hunting gear combined certainly improves your chance of ending up with a trophy deer.